I thought I would post a word about planning your time effectively. Its imperative for the students on our course to be good planners of time. They are completing 2 qualifications, NVQ L3 in achieving excellence in sports performance, a BTEC National diploma, training in the daytime and evening and competing at weekends. In this there needs to be time for rest and recuperation and time with family and friends. How do you fit all this in?. Its important that you have to priorities your commitments.
- Understand what you can realistically achieve with your time;
- Plan to make the best use of the time available;
- Leave enough time for things you absolutely must do;
- Preserve contingency time to handle ‘the unexpected’; and
- Minimize stress by avoiding over-commitment to others.